Well here's something I've never shared before on this blog or my old blog: my goals. I've never been much of a resolutions person or a goal setter but last year, after reading a lot on the topic, I decided to give it a try. At the end of 2016 I sat down on the kitchen floor with a giant piece of paper and a stack of pencil crayons, and I brainstormed all of the things I wanted to work on in 2017. I then mulled it over, went back and crossed out the things that didn't make sense for me in my current season of life, and combined the things that were repetitive. I ended up with a list of 15 work-related goals and 16 personal goals.
I wrote them down in one of my trusty Rifle paper co notebooks (side note: my husband is always making fun of me because our entire apartment is strewn with Rifle notebooks). I couldn't believe what a difference it made to have these goals on paper! I actually felt like I had a plan, and was moving towards something with a purpose. Even though I didn't accomplish everything on my list (not even close - my success rate was about 70%), it was still incredibly motivating. Interestingly, I had split my goals into work, family and personal and the one list that had the least tick marks at the end of the year was personal. I'm hoping to shift that this year...
I went through a similar process this year, only this time it didn't happen until the end of January. Better late than never I figured! Alright, deep breath, here is my list of 2018 goals:
- Shoot/second shoot 10 weddings.
- Create a newborn photography info pdf.
- Make postcards for marketing my family photography.
- Blog 1-2 times per month.
- Send out 2 newsletters.
- Make x in the 2018-2019 financial year.
- Start teaching at a new yoga studio.
- Get started on 300 hours of advanced yoga teacher training.
- Do yoga mentoring sessions with Leanne.
- By the end of the year, be teaching 5 classes per week consistently.
- Go on one date per month.
- Paint and decorate the girls' room.
- Meal plan each week and do one big grocery shop per week.
- Go on a weekend away without the kids.
- Declutter all of our closets.
- Make 2-3 photobooks.
- Make 2 home videos.
- Put x into Clementine's account and x into Hazel's account.
- Eat healthy lunches (leftovers or salads).
- Exercise 2 times per week.
- Get to the yoga studio 2 times per week for my own practice.
- Be screen free for at least 1 hour each day (30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the evening).
- Read 16 books.
- Knit 2 things.
- Swap my makeup and body care products for natural ones.
- Give up shopping for 2-3 months.
I'd love to see your goals if you blogged them, please share in the comments!
You can read more personal posts here